Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ahhh craziness and our first electric bill!

So here we are almost 30 days into our new home adventure.  Things are going pretty smooth.  The major hiccups are over and we are now trying to settle in.  I am the type of person who has to be completely decorated and done the first week of move in. But since we came from a smaller house to a larger house that means more space to fill! The Interior painting and wallpaper is done.  Along with most of the rooms.  Now it's on to the crafting and building.  I have come to the realization though that I need to pace myself haha!! Especially with the holidays around the corner.  It will all come with time.

We are still waiting to hear about our 30 day inspection.  Only a few things need attention.  Major ones would be a carpet replacement in the hallway.  Someone spilled stain and tried to clean it but did not do a good job.  And some trim for our flooring needs replaced due to Scratches and chips.  We have had a few nail pops but are waitig until the 10 month inspection.  Nothing too hateful.

I can say one thing I am a little disappointed about...our electric bill came this month.  It was double what we thought it would be.  It was $124 which we were told by Ryan it would be like 60-80! We have about 2700 sq ft of living space.  Compared to our other house that is pretty decent. Yet,  I kind of wish those numbers weren't shared with us.  Now I feel like we are over paying! Lol.  

Also, for all my scent and candle lovers.  I am obsessed with my home smelling delish.  Especially since we have two dogs.  I love it when people come in and the first thing they say is. Wow it smells amazing! If you are like me check out my website.  I am a consultant with Gold Canyon Candles.  They are made with food and vegetable based wax and have longer burn life and scent life than other popular candles.  We also carry Warmers or scent brix to melt in the Warmers.  I have allergies to certain candles and gold canyon is the only one I can use because of the type of wax.  I currently have an open party so take advantage of the direct shipping at a lessor cost! Feel free to ask me about my recommended scents.  Www.savannaperkins.mygc.com

Also,  for those who have asked......we did receive our incentive even though we used an outside company!!!  We fought tooth and nail but ended up getting it.  I know of others in our community as well who got it!!!


I promise to post pictures this week!

11 comments:

  1. My electric bill in my 950 square foot apartment is about that much.... I'll be thrilled if that is what my electric bill is in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I know right. My sister has a small apartment and said hers was as high as mine. My neighbors feel the same way though. Our SR made a point during sale to say they would range 60-80 so just a little annoying if it never turns out to be that way.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see pics! I'm like you, I wanted it all done! 2 weeks in and we are pretty close. Painting this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo. How exciting. The paint really makes a difference. Make sure to pick something you can wipe off! The company who painted for us used a flat paint. The only negative is we have to touch up the wall if someone smudges it. The walls suck in moisture and oil.

      Delete
  3. Remember, it is the middle of summer....maybe they 60-80 will be a monthly average?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are settling in!! Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I haven't even touched my basement yet. It is like a whole other house down there haha. HomeGoods will be my new best friend the next couple of months.

      Delete
  5. How did you manage to still get your incentive, and how did you fight for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is the average once you get on a budget, our electric was $150 this month, we are in PA, it's been a weird summer, blazing hot, rainy, and then oddly cold! I'm hoping that it will even out once we are able to get on a budget, our gas bill was only $30 bucks, which will be higher in the winter but remember, spring/fall you use less aircon and heat so those few months it will be cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a gas gas-stove or electric?

    ReplyDelete