Monday, March 17, 2014

Pantry issue solved...

Many of you may have read a month or so back that our pantry was EXTREMELY cold.  Also, during the warmer months it was about 10 degrees warmer in the pantry.  Our bread would mold a lot quicker.  After having Del Monde out and the main project manager.  They have decided to add a vent in our pantry. WOOHOOO! What a relief to finally have that worked out.

They will be coming this Friday to replace the laminate flooring in our kitchen.  There were a lot of bumps and separation between it.  To us it looks like whoever installed it was in a hurry and hammered the pieces in to rough.  So hopefully we won't have to worry about this anymore.  I have really enjoyed the laminate floors.  We have a large dog and small dog and it has really held up with their paws.  A wood floor would not have stood a chance HA!

I have been working on a few other projects in our home.  I loveeeeee Etsy and Pinterest.  My most recent project was fabric canvas art.  I made them to go on the main large wall in the stairwell.  It was about $60 for everything and I still had PLENTY of fabric left over.  I honestly could have spent less but I wanted a certain type of fabric print.  So of course it was more expensive.

I bought everything at Hobby Lobby---

2- 2 packs of 16x20 blank canvas
4 cardboard words
Painted the words black
Chevron fabric to wrap the canvas's in.  I then glue the words to the completed project.






I also had an old window from my grandmother's childhood home.  I had some extra wallpaper so I glued it to the glass and hung a piece of wall art I already had on hand.  It was a great space filler!



Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Glad they were able to get the pantry issue worked out. Thanks for sharing. That is something I will keep an eye on when they build my house this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so cute... love it!

    ReplyDelete