Thursday, March 20, 2014

Anyone have Mahogany Orient Silk Laminate?

A little hiccup recently in our flooring replacement.  We have the heritage heights Honey Oak laminate in our kitchen.  Which I have loved.  It is amazing to clean and holds up great with our pets.  The only issue was that parts were bubbling and separating.  We have been waiting since January for them to order some replacement boards.  There weren't any left over when we moved in.  Yesterday Rite Rug called and said they are no longer making that floor color.  So they had something in stock of similar color but would have to replace the morning room and kitchen.

Kind of a plus because I really was hoping our current flooring was darker.  So I asked if we stayed in the same flooring group could we get something darker to replace the rooms.  They were fine with it.  I went to the store but didn't see anything as dark as I wanted.  The representative sent me a photo of Mahogany Orient Silk.  Which is darker, not as dark as I was thinking but it is growing on me.  I wondered if anyone had it?  Is it dark?  We have maple cognac cabinets in our kitchen.  I am wanting the flooring to be darker than the cabinets.  From the photos it looks darker.  Sometimes pictures are deceiving!

Please share your blog with me if you have it and don't mind me taking a peek :)

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried visiting Home Depot or Lowes to see if they may have a sample of that laminate? Or find out the brand of the laminate (perhaps Armstrong?) and order a sample? We were able to order samples of our hardwoods from Armstrong's website.

    ReplyDelete