Friday, September 30, 2016

Week Two: Footers and the start of a basement

Wednesday marked week two for the construction of our new home.  Since last Friday nothing really happened at our lot visually to the eye from the road.  Which makes things seem like they are never going to happen.  I have to drive by our lot every day to get the kids on the bus.  I also see it in the afternoon when I pick them up from school.  So every day it is a reminder that things are moving slower than normal.

I emailed our PM on Tuesday just to get an update on where we stand.  He said as of last Friday that had filled our hole with gravel and placed the tile drains.  They had hopes to start the basement by the end of the week.

There is hope as of this afternoon they placed the basement forms (not sure of the correct terminology) to pour the walls.  Once this is done and the basement walls set then the next steps will be the basement floors and the garage floor.  I remember this part of the process being the slowest, but it is hard not to get anxious!  January seems so far away at this point.  I know once framing starts things will start to look up.

Check out some photos from today my husband and daughter took when they were in the community. Also feel free to check out my posts from 2013 giving a weekly timeline of our Florence build.  Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment